Sunday 1 May 2011

Hanglar Cutie & Pink Strawberry's

 I really enjoyed making this card, Everything just seemed to click. The colours were inspired by
a DCWV self adhesive pad from my stash (pink check background paper).
Pink and beige has to be one of my favourite combinations at the moment. Very girly.
 I was playng around with different mediums when I produced these strawberry's. The leaves are cut from Bazzil swiss dots paper and the strawberry's from medium weight chipboard. After cutting out the strawberry's I embossed them using clear embossing ink and pink Moon Glow Embossing powder. Several layers later it was time to glue on some pink bling and then two coats of clear embossing powder just to seal it all in.
 I was inspired by an embossed Heart I saw on one of Maddy Hills Cards.
The Little Hanglar girl is coloured using Copics and lightly distressed using Tim Holtz distress inks.
R85,R83,R81,C2,E57,E53,E51,E50,E35,E33,E31,E11,E00,E000,R20

Card Recipe.

6x6 inch card base
Piece of beige backing paper from stash
Pink check self adhesive paper DCWV
A scrap of velvet ribbon
Chipboard from Express Crafting
Bazzil Card stock
Pink Crystals
Magnolia lace die
Sizzix strawberry vine die
Pink Pearls from Alexandra Palce
Sentiment from Craftwork cards
Nestabilities die

Jayne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card. I love anything with pink!
Dianne.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card, I love it when a card comes together.The strawberries and leaves are wonderful. Fabulous colouring.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Mary J said...

I agree, Jayne, it came together beautifully! Adore those strawberries - YUM!

Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...