Wednesday 8 November 2017

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years now!
I decided to pack all of my card making paraphernalia up and in the process I came across a huge box of jewellery making items. Now this stuff didn't just magically appear in the cupboard!
Jewellery making was once my other passion that got packed away because I just did not have the time for both card making and jewellery.
I started to tinker with the gems and metals that I found in my box and wow I had found my creativity again, something I though may have been gone for good.

I became so productive with my making that a year ago decided to set up an Etsy shop and try my hand at selling my pieces and I am please to say that things are not gong too bad.

So what did you call your Etsy shop I hear you ask? well Eskimo Frosting of course what else?

When I chose the name Eskimo Frosting or should I say when my husband chose the name Eskimo frosting years ago it was always meant to be for my jewellery making hobby/business but I switched to card making at the last minute. For quite awhile this blog has been dedicated to the art of card making. Well I'm about to switch again but I can't promise that the odd card or two won't find its way onto these pages!!!!

Starting today I am going to post items of jewellery that I make and also pieces that inspire me along with the odd basic tutorial on how to make items of jewellery like attaching a clasp and shaping an ear wire.

Lets start the post with the link to my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/EskimoFrosting

Lapis Lazuli sterling silver Charm bracelet


This is just one of the many pieces that can be found in my Etsy shop. 

I was inspired to make this bracelet after a wonderful trip to the Mayan Riviera this year with my family. All the colourful outfits the ladies were wearing and the turquoise blue sea lapping at the shore. I just new what I was going to do with these lovely beads and sterling silver and I have to say I am rather pleased with the way it came out, so much so that it nearly never made it to the shop!

Let me know what you think I would love your feed back. 

Until next time
Jayne

No comments:

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...