Wednesday 23 October 2013

Buttons

Good afternoon everyone. I am a little bit late with my post today, but I do have a really good excuse. Work is absolutely manic at the moment we have been a member of staff down for nearly 6 weeks now and I don't every seem able to catch up at the moment. I work as part of a small but very busy MIS team for a local council and I don't think we have every been so busy! Our team has been cut from 4 to 1.8. Any way enough moaning there are far more interesting things to talk about like the fact that its challenge time again at Diva's by Design. We have a brand new sponsor for this challenge in the form of Stamp and create.
Our theme for this challenge is
Spooked

I struggle with Halloween cards so this was quite a difficult card for me


I have used a Make it Crafty Digi called Buttons. I really wasn't sure how to
colour this one up. At first I went in with the Copics but the paper that I was
using just would not let me blend! so next I broke out the Prisma's. After a lot of struggles
I was finally happy with the image but what was I going to do with the card base?
I decided to keep it simple at first and just used some My minds eye Halloween papers
on black card. I cut a black fancy frame with my Cricut but it wasn't scary enough so aft a quick visit to the pound shop I came back with a large bag of assorted spiders. I dry brushed them with some gold nail polish and stuck them to the frame. To finish off I added an assortment of black and clear bling and some glitter.

Well what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by
Jayne


6 comments:

Debbie said...

This is a fabulous card Jayne...love the image. xx

DesignerDiva said...

I love your card Jayne but I hate that spider!! perfect for Halloween so I'll forgive you for freaking me out!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Anita said...

I love this card - great work! I hope things slow down for you at work soon :)

Kelly said...

Your card is scary! So funny that you had to go out and get the spiders and they look fabulous! Love your image, so perfect for your card! Colored perfectly too!!
Love your card Jayne!
Hugs Kelly

Sue B said...

This is fab Jayne! I love the cute image and your colouring is beautiful… I really like the fancy frame and the spiders! :-)
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Sandy said...

Jayne this is out of this world good. I might have to copy some of your ideas if you promise not to sue me and I promise to give you credit. Where have I been? I know I follow you by e-mail. I am sorry I have been absent so much!
Sandy

Jewellery making, creativity and a whole lot of rambling.................

So its been quite some time since I posted anything here and although I still love card making I haven't made anything for about 3 years...